1 - 25 of 422 results
You searched for: Subject: is exactly 'Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage'
Refine Your Search
Refine Your Search
Item Title Type Subject Creator Publisher Date Place Address Description
16536Views of the Petit Chalet
  • Image, Photograph
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Hinckley - George Lyman Hinckley (1921-2000)
  • Mount Desert Island
5489The Underwood Cottage - Squirrelhurst - Excavating the Cellar
  • Image, Photograph, Photographic Print, Albumen Print
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Rand - Henry Lathrop Rand (1862-1945)
  • 1901
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 38 Norwood Road
16034Philip Lyford Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Tremont, Bernard
  • 5 Rich Brothers Way
Maurice R. Thurston originally owned the land. Philip Lyford (1887-1950) bought the land from Marie Collins Swabey on September 1, 1943.
Description:
Maurice R. Thurston originally owned the land. Philip Lyford (1887-1950) bought the land from Marie Collins Swabey on September 1, 1943.
16026Warren Bartlett Walsh Cottage
Leza and James R. Colquhoun House
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 22 Sail Mountain Road
Warren Bartlett Walsh Cottage
Leza and James R. Colquhoun House
16020The Shore Cottage
Loren Bascom Taber Johnson Rental
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 19 Winding Lane
The Shore Cottage
Loren Bascom Taber Johnson Rental
15891Louise (Fernald) Goulding Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 96 Fernald Point Road
13296Island House Hotel
  • Reference
  • Structures, Commercial, Lodging, Hotel
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 121-127 Clark Point Road
"The Island House, owned by Deacon Henry H. Clark, was the first summer hotel on Mount Desert Island. Deacon Clark began the hotel business by taking into his hospitable home the first occasional tourists who came to the island for a short stay. He gradually enlarged his house until in 1885 it was entirely remodeled and did a thriving business, employing many of the townspeople during the summer season." - Traditions and Records of Southwest Harbor and Somesville, Mount Desert Island, Maine by Mrs. Seth S. Thornton, p. 174 - 1938.
Description:
"The Island House, owned by Deacon Henry H. Clark, was the first summer hotel on Mount Desert Island. Deacon Clark began the hotel business by taking into his hospitable home the first occasional tourists who came to the island for a short stay. He gradually enlarged his house until in 1885 it was entirely remodeled and did a thriving business, employing many of the townspeople during the summer season." - Traditions and Records of Southwest Harbor and Somesville, Mount Desert Island, Maine by Mrs. Seth S. Thornton, p. 174 - 1938. [show more]
15941The Gangplank
  • Reference
  • Businesses, Store Business
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • 1910
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 180 Clark Point Road
15940Steps-Inn
Lucia Dodge Leffingwell Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Tremont, Great Gott Island
  • Admiral Byrd's Ledge
Steps-Inn
Lucia Dodge Leffingwell Cottage
15910Anchorage I
Arent Schuyler Crowninshield Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Mount Desert, Seal Harbor
  • Dodge Point Road
Anchorage I
Arent Schuyler Crowninshield Cottage
15923The Ancestral
Blueberry Ledge
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • 1881
  • Mount Desert, Northeast Harbor
  • Peabody Drive
The Ancestral
Blueberry Ledge
15827William Sampson Bartlett Cram Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 39 High Road
14554The Woods Cottage
Loren Bascom Taber Johnson Rental
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 7 Kinfolk Lane
The Woods Cottage
Loren Bascom Taber Johnson Rental
14552The Road Cottage
Loren Bascom Taber Johnson Rental
Dorothea and Jeremiah Mead Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 20 Dirigo Road
The Road Cottage
Loren Bascom Taber Johnson Rental
Dorothea and Jeremiah Mead Cottage
14578Ruth Eno Howe Wilder and Milo W. Wilder, Jr. Cottage
Water's Edge
Wilderedge
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 19 Schuyler Lane
15824Joseph Epes Brown Jr. Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 19 Connor Point Lane
15821Howard Nelson Bacon Cottages
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Cranberry Isles, Great Cranberry Island
  • 254 Harding Point Road
13927Eldering Cottage
Frank Wells Ramseyer Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor, Manset
  • 317 Seawall Road
"Eldering" was the summer home of Frank Wells and Linda Chapin Marcus Ramseyer. 1937 - Linda Chapin Marcus, daughter of Dorothy's brother, William Elder Marcus, Jr. and her husband, Frank Ramseyer Jr. bought a strip of six acres next to Dorothy's "High Tide" on Seawall Road, from Captain Hiram S. Hadlock and built their summer house, "Eldering." The name was partly in honor of Frank's descent from Elder Brewster of the Mayflower and partly from the name, Elder, in Linda's family. Frank W. Ramseyer designed the house, which was built by Sylvester Dorr. In about 1960 Hiram Hadlock's granddaughter, Eleanor M. Hadlock Gilley, sold another eleven acres to the Ramseyers, thus completing the present property. In 1942 an east wing was added to the house by Mr. Dorr and in 1964 a south ell, designed by Frank Ramseyer and built by Maurice Norwood. Frank's daughters, Helene Ramseyer Dickel and Lin Ramseyer Clayberg, added a garage of their design to the property.
Eldering Cottage
Frank Wells Ramseyer Cottage
Description:
"Eldering" was the summer home of Frank Wells and Linda Chapin Marcus Ramseyer. 1937 - Linda Chapin Marcus, daughter of Dorothy's brother, William Elder Marcus, Jr. and her husband, Frank Ramseyer Jr. bought a strip of six acres next to Dorothy's "High Tide" on Seawall Road, from Captain Hiram S. Hadlock and built their summer house, "Eldering." The name was partly in honor of Frank's descent from Elder Brewster of the Mayflower and partly from the name, Elder, in Linda's family. Frank W. Ramseyer designed the house, which was built by Sylvester Dorr. In about 1960 Hiram Hadlock's granddaughter, Eleanor M. Hadlock Gilley, sold another eleven acres to the Ramseyers, thus completing the present property. In 1942 an east wing was added to the house by Mr. Dorr and in 1964 a south ell, designed by Frank Ramseyer and built by Maurice Norwood. Frank's daughters, Helene Ramseyer Dickel and Lin Ramseyer Clayberg, added a garage of their design to the property. [show more]
13232Everett E. and Fannie S. Truette Cottage
Dorothy Elder Marcus Cottage
By-Water Cottage
High Tide
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor, Manset
  • 17 Meadow Lane
Everett E. and Fannie S. Truette Cottage
Dorothy Elder Marcus Cottage
By-Water Cottage
High Tide
14568Dr. John Johnston Cottage
The Shielin
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor, Manset
  • 65 Seawall Road
13617Chalet-du-Grand-Pré
Frances (Pepper) Scott Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 26 Rocky Pasture Lane
Chalet-du-Grand-Pré
Frances (Pepper) Scott Cottage
13093Augustus Bowman Farnham Cottage
Mary S. Snow Cottage
Grey Rock
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 388 Main Street
One cottage of the twin cottages that were the first built by rusticators in Southwest Harbor, Maine, the other built by W.P. Dickey.
Augustus Bowman Farnham Cottage
Mary S. Snow Cottage
Grey Rock
Description:
One cottage of the twin cottages that were the first built by rusticators in Southwest Harbor, Maine, the other built by W.P. Dickey.
13092Arthur Pierce Butler House
William Lawler Farm Property
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor
  • 58 Fernald Point Road
Arthur Pierce Butler House
William Lawler Farm Property
14349Capt. Henry Everett Stanley Cottage
Elizabeth S. Talcott Site
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Southwest Harbor, Manset
  • 14 Shore Road
Capt. Henry Everett Stanley Cottage
Elizabeth S. Talcott Site
12969Howard N. Bacon Cottage
L. Sterling Newell Jr. Cottage
  • Reference
  • Structures, Dwellings, House, Cottage
  • Cranberry Isles, Great Cranberry Island
Howard N. Bacon Cottage
L. Sterling Newell Jr. Cottage