John Allen Somes House


John Allen Somes House

Otto Clyde Nutting House

"The house on the shore of the Sound, now [1938] occupied by Mr. and Mrs. O. C. Nutting as a summer home was built in 1929 by J. A. Somes whose heirs now own it. This house is on the site of the Somes shipyard." – “Traditions and Records of Southwest Harbor and Somesville, Mount Desert Island, Maine” by Mrs. Seth S. Thornton, 1938, p. 264.

John Allen Somes (1872-1930) was the great-great grandson of Abraham Somes II (1732-1819).

1122 Main Street




“John Allen Somes House,” Southwest Harbor Public Library, accessed June 26, 2019, 3521