1 - 7 of 7 results
You searched for: Type: contains 'photograph'Creator: is exactly 'Bradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)'
Refine your search
Refine your search
Subject
Type
Date
Place
Tags
Item Title Type Subject Creator Publisher Date Place Address Description
11281Minister at the Manset Baptist ChurchImage, PhotographPeopleBradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)Southwest Harbor, Manset
12233Frances E. NorwoodImage, PhotographPeopleBradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)Bar Harbor
5665Steamer Pemaquid at the Edge of the IceImage, PhotographVessels, SteamboatBradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)1923-02-19Bar Harbor"“The Maine Central fleet expanded quickly from the turn of the century until 1913. “Pemaquid” was the first of the new ships, having been purchased from the Long Island Railroad in 1901. She was a 132-foot steel-hilled single-screw steamer built in 1893 by Neafie and Levy of Philadelphia, with the distinction of being the last of the fleet to carry the Maine Central flag… Maine Central’s ships were sold off one by one until by 1931 the reliable “Pemaquid”, which during her thirty years with the railroad was used year-round, filling in for the seasonal vessels on the Mt. Desert run, was the only ship left. She was sold south that year and eventually was re-engined with a diesel. She lasted a long time, operating in the New York area into the 1960’s. The Eastern [Steamship Lines] threw in the towel three years later, in 1934. Hereafter the Maine trains would stop in Ellsworth, and Mt. Desert Ferry, the great bustling rail and steamboat facility, would fall silent.” - Mount Desert - An Informal History Edited by Gunnar Hansen, Maritime Transportation section written by Peter B. Bell, p. 166-167, 169 - 1989 ""The steamer ""Pemaquid"" was built in 1893 as the ""Long Island."" Shortly after the turn of the century, she was placed in service on the Maine coast by the Maine Central Railroad. The vessel left Maine in 1931. [She operated on the Hudson River and last ran] as a dieselized ferry to Block Island."" - ""Steamboats On The Hudson River"" by William H. Ewen, Jr., Arcadia Publishing, May 30, 2011, p. 89."
Description:"“The Maine Central fleet expanded quickly from the turn of the century until 1913. “Pemaquid” was the first of the new ships, having been purchased from the Long Island Railroad in 1901. She was a 132-foot steel-hilled single-screw steamer built in 1893 by Neafie and Levy of Philadelphia, with the distinction of being the last of the fleet to carry the Maine Central flag… Maine Central’s ships were sold off one by one until by 1931 the reliable “Pemaquid”, which during her thirty years with the railroad was used year-round, filling in for the seasonal vessels on the Mt. Desert run, was the only ship left. She was sold south that year and eventually was re-engined with a diesel. She lasted a long time, operating in the New York area into the 1960’s. The Eastern [Steamship Lines] threw in the towel three years later, in 1934. Hereafter the Maine trains would stop in Ellsworth, and Mt. Desert Ferry, the great bustling rail and steamboat facility, would fall silent.” - Mount Desert - An Informal History Edited by Gunnar Hansen, Maritime Transportation section written by Peter B. Bell, p. 166-167, 169 - 1989 ""The steamer ""Pemaquid"" was built in 1893 as the ""Long Island."" Shortly after the turn of the century, she was placed in service on the Maine coast by the Maine Central Railroad. The vessel left Maine in 1931. [She operated on the Hudson River and last ran] as a dieselized ferry to Block Island."" - ""Steamboats On The Hudson River"" by William H. Ewen, Jr., Arcadia Publishing, May 30, 2011, p. 89." [show more]
11551Southwest Harbor High School Girl's Basketball Team 1914Image, PhotographPeople
Organizations, School
Bradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)1914Southwest Harbor329 Main StreetLeft to Right: Lena Caroline Clark (1898-1969) - later Mrs. Thomas Leggett Eagan Helen E. Mayo (1898-1987) - later Mrs. George W. King Lena G. Norwood (1897-1992) - later Mrs. Austin Malvery Mitchell Emma Etta Holmes (1895-1988) - later Mrs. Frank William Deininger Winifred Russell Carroll (1897-1988) - later Mrs. Albanus Moulton Pottle
Description:Left to Right: Lena Caroline Clark (1898-1969) - later Mrs. Thomas Leggett Eagan Helen E. Mayo (1898-1987) - later Mrs. George W. King Lena G. Norwood (1897-1992) - later Mrs. Austin Malvery Mitchell Emma Etta Holmes (1895-1988) - later Mrs. Frank William Deininger Winifred Russell Carroll (1897-1988) - later Mrs. Albanus Moulton Pottle
5669Ruth Marie BartlettImage, Photograph, PrintPeopleBradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)1896 c.Bar Harbor
9543Elsie May RobinsonImage, PhotographPeopleBradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)Southwest Harbor
10288Clifton Melbourne RichImage, PhotographPeopleBradley - Henry Lee Bradley (1875-1940)