Table View presents search results in a table of rows and columns. The rows show items in the Archive that match the search criteria. The columns show data for individual fields of each item.
Table View Layouts
The results below are displayed in the Summary Layout and show the first four rows of 76 search results. Summary Layout shows a thumbnail in the first column, and the item title and additional information in the second column. In this layout you can sort items by the Title field.
The results below are displayed in the more compact Subject/Type Layout and are sorted by Title. The Subject/Type Layout shows columns for the Identifier, Title, Subject and Type fields. Click the column header to sort the results by a different column or change the sort order (ascending or descending) for the currently sorted column.
The Creator/Publisher Layout shows columns for the Identifier, Title, Creator, Publisher, and Date fields. Note that you can sort on a column in one layout, and then switch to another layout to see the items sorted in the new sort order.
The results below are displayed in Address/Location Layout and are sorted by the Address column. The Address/Location Layout shows only the item’s Identifier, Title, Address, and Location fields. Note that when you sort on the Address column, addresses are sorted by street name, then by street number. In the sample below, note that the last two items have more than one title. The primary title appears in orange and the a.k.a. (also known as) titles appear in gray.
The results below are displayed in Compact layout. Compact layout shows just the item’s Identifier and Title. This layout is useful when you want to see a lot of results on one page. Compare the view below to the same shown above in Summary Layout.
There is also an Admin Layout that shows information of interest to Digital Archive system administrators, but that layout is only accessible when someone is logged in with administrator privileges.
Good to Know
- View an item by clicking its title.
- See a large image by clicking the green magnifying glass above the thumbnail (only available in Summary Layout).
- Sort results in order from A to Z by clicking on the column headers. Click the column header again to sort from Z to A.
- Change the table layout by clicking on the green Change Layout button and choosing a different layout. The new layout appears instantly without performing the search again or reloading the page.
- Revise your search criteria by clicking the Modify Search button which will take you back to either the Subject Search or Advanced Search page.
- View the next page of results by clicking on the pagination controls that appear above and below the table. These controls are only visible when the number of rows exceeds the Results Per Page value that you set on the Advanced Search page.