Many generous people and organizations contributed photographs, documents, and other materials without which the Archive would not be possible. The Digital Archive team is working hard to add all of this material to the Archive, but it takes time. If you have shared photographs or other items that are not yet in the Archive, rest assured they will be added eventually.
The Library is very grateful for everyone’s contributions – Thank you!
The Digital Archive began as an all-volunteer labor of love to gather, catalogue, and document the photographs and other materials in the library’s collection. Funding to make the content available online and to develop the Digital Archive technology was provided by:
- The Hutchins Family Gift in memory of Meredith (Rich) Hutchins
- Private grants from Douglas S. and Pamela S. Diehl
from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- AvantLogic Corporation in-kind donation of services
- $2,500 from the Maine Charity Foundation Fund of the Maine Community Foundation
- People like you who saw what we were doing and helped by making a donation
The Digital Archive is built from a combination of free open-source software, free commercial software, and custom software developed for the Southwest Harbor Public Library. To read about these components and learn the names of the organizations and individuals who not only created the software, but made it freely available to any organization that wants to use it, please see the Digital Archive Software page.